Third-year Ph.D. candidate at HKU
Hi! I am a third-year Ph.D. candidate of Department of Statistics and Actuarial Science (SAAS) in The University of Hong Kong (HKU), supervised by Stephen M.S. LEE and Yu Leung Ho Philip. I am also working closely and supervised by Lingpeng Kong from Department of Computer Science, HKU.
My current research interest is Natural Language Processing, including Pre-trained Language Modeling and Cross-modal(Vision-Language) Learning.
- [Dec 2021] Two papers get accepted to AAAI-2022.
- [May 2021] A paper gets accepted to ICML-2021.
- [Aug 2019] Start Ph.D. journey in HKU.
- Jiahui Gao, Hang Xu, Han Shi, Xiaozhe Ren, Philip LH Yu, Xiaodan Liang, Xin Jiang, Zhenguo Li. AutoBERT-Zero: Evolving BERT Backbone from Scratch. AAAI-2022.
- Shi Han, Jiahui Gao, Xiaozhe Ren, Hang Xu, Xiaodan Liang, Zhenguo Li, and James T. Kwok. SparseBERT: Rethinking the importance analysis in self-attention. ICML-2021.
- Jiahui Gao, Zhou Yi, Philip LH Yu, Shafiq Joty, and Jiuxiang Gu. Unsupervised Cross-lingual Image Captioning. AAAI-2022.
- Jiahui Gao, Qijin Cheng and Philip LH Yu. Detecting comments showing risk for suicide in YouTube. Proceedings of the Future Technologies Conference, 2018.
- Remote research cooperation with Dr. Jiuxiang Gu from Adobe Research, Dec. 2019 - present.
- Data Analyst (full-time), Alibaba, Hangzhou, Aug. 2018 - Aug. 2019.
- China National Scholarship